Hello from Airfreedom - The Hosting Experts!
We’re reaching out to our wonderful community of property owners in Cardiff, Newport, and Bristol with some key updates and friendly advice on navigating the holiday rental legislation. It’s all about keeping your fantastic properties compliant and ensuring your guests have the best experience!
What’s New in Cardiff and Newport in Holiday Rental Legislation?
- Availability and Occupancy Changes: The Welsh Government has updated the criteria for holiday lets. Properties now need to be available for 252 days (up from 140) and occupied for at least 182 days (up from 70) annually.
- Council Tax Updates: Be aware of possible council tax premium increases – staying informed is key to managing your budget effectively.
Ensuring Quality in Wales:
- Quality Assurance: Have you thought about getting a star rating from Visit Wales? It’s a great way to showcase the quality of your property to potential guests.
For Our Bristol Property Owners:
- Safety First: Ensure your property meets all the necessary safety standards, including smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check with Your Local Council: It’s always a good idea to stay in touch with your local council for any specific regulations that might apply to your property.
Our Advice: Keep Communicating!
Regular check-ins with your local councils in Cardiff, Newport, and Bristol are essential. They’ll help you stay on top of any new legislation changes and ensure your rental is always up to scratch.
Let’s Keep It Rolling!
Your hard work and dedication make the holiday rental experience special for so many travelers. Let’s keep that going by staying informed and compliant!
For more detailed information, check out:
Cheers to many more successful stays,
The Airfreedom Team 🏠✨